Review: Dolly Wink Eyeshadow

A number of individuals have asked me to make a review on the Dolly Wink Eyeshadow quad and here it is!

I actually made a video for this review, but I wasn't very happy with the video. So I decided just to screen shot images from the video to use as a review about this product on my blog instead!


This eyeshadow quad is from the japanese brand Koji. It is from the Dolly Wink line which was co-produced w/ the famous Japanese model Tsuabsa Masuwaka. I honestly have been wanting to try Dolly Wink for a really long time. I am so happy I was able to get my hands on some Dolly Wink products awhile back. The packaging is really adorable. Once you open it, it gives you a guide on how to use the eyeshadows as well as a few photos of Tsubasa modeling the eyeshadow quad.


This is how the eyeshadow quad looks like. It is made of a black shinny plastic. it is quite small, It fits in the palm of my hand. I love the details on the front. It has hearts and a few swirls going around it. I like the fact it is simple, but has a bit of girly action going on to it. Other might fan this packaging to childish. However, I like it.


This is how the quad will look like once you open it. It does not have a mirror. It comes with 4 eyeshadows and a double sided sponge tip applicators. I know a number of people are not a fan of the sponge tip applicators, but I find them great for quick looks and traveling.


Now it is time for the swatches! This is the swatches of the eyeshadows on my finger tips. Okay, first of I would like to say I honestly do not wear eyeshadow unless it is for make up tutorials. I just never really liked eyeshadows that much. It is nice to have but I just don't find it useful for myself. However, I gave into buying the product due to the packaging and I wanted to try a neutral eyeshadow palette. (I have already used this eyeshadow palette in a tutorial "dolly look" check it out!)
So instantly I realize these eyeshadows are highly pigmented! By the way, this is a drug store brand...a very pricey one sadly. Anyways, I must say these eyeshadows are really soft, smooth and not powdery. A lot of eyeshadows from drug stores tend be have a very chalky feeling. Often the eyeshadows contain too much glitter. This palette has shimmers (which is popular in Asian make up in general) but not chunks of glitter which I like.


As for blending quality. I think these eyeshadows blend like a charm. I used these eyeshadows to make a nice neutral smokey eye. It honestly was so easy to do and I didn't have to do much work with my brush.

For my overall opinion, I honestly think this eyeshadow palette from Dolly Wink is amazing (coming from a person that dislike eyeshadows in general). The packaging sadly sucked me in. Which is a bad thing since I shouldn't buy things for the packaging but the quality of the product. Also, I am not a fan of the price (I believe i got it for $18.99?) I know online it may be a lot more/less expensive. However, if you are willing to spend a bit of money maybe you should check this product out. But, I think you can probably find cheaper alternatives instead of dishing out the money for this quad.

I hope you find this review informative, if you have any questions feel free to leave a comment down below or contact me via. twitter!

This entry was posted on Monday, June 20, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

3 Responses to “Review: Dolly Wink Eyeshadow”

  1. I haven't tried Dolly Wink eyeshadows yet but the liquid eyeliner is love. I'd try all the Dolly Wink products if they were more accessible & prices weren't so inflated :T
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww the palette looks so cute! Glad to here the quality of the shadows are nice.. but that's too bad about the packaging. I'm a sucker for good packaging soo... hmm. I'll have to check this out though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, I love your blog! It's so charming! Could you tell me tell me how long the wear is? Thanks for trying it out! I've been curious of the Dolly Wink line for a while :) I was hoping we could follow and friend each other! Thanks!
    <3eimi
    http://shiikwaasaababy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete